Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Turning Real Estate Market Fundamentals on Their Head

Quality of demand for housing, not supply restrictions, driving geography of gentrification at Pacific Standard magazine.

Theme: Gentrification mesofacts.

Subject Article: "No, really, it's about supply."

Other Links: 1. "Superstar Cities."
2. "Giving Up on Urban Neighborhoods."

Postscript: A sincere thank you to Daniel Kay Hertz for challenging my take on "Superstar Cities." What I love best about blogging is the exchange with other bloggers. Hertz's criticism forced me to revisit the paper on the superstar city phenomenon and I gained a better appreciation of how that analysis adds to the discourse about income inequality, which I overlooked the first time around. More about that in my next blog post.

No comments: