Friday, April 11, 2008

Mega-Regionally Thinking

Over at Brewed Fresh Daily, Ed Morrison does a good job of summarizing recent Great Lakes Union activity. I'm catching most of the Milwaukee news via Ed's posts:

Last night, I had dinner with John Schmid, the best reporter covering the Great Lakes economy, in my view. John is doing an excellent job turning over rocks to find the core strengths of the Milwaukee region, like medical technology and water technology.

Ed is at the forefront of many of the regional initiatives cooking around the Postindustrial Heartland. I write this by way of tracking all the major players involved in moving the Great Lakes economic mega-region forward. Given what I know about the Pittsburgh scene, which is far from exhaustive, I figure I'm looking at the tip of the iceberg. Nonetheless, I'm enjoying piecing the story together.

No comments: